高中英语北师大版 (2019)必修 第二册Lesson 3 Race to the Pole教案展开
Students will be able t
1. read and talk abut the difficulties that explrers face
2. read fr deep understanding
3. summarise infrmatin
4. learn abut and practise suffixes
1. reading fr specific infrmatin and deep understanding
2. summarising a text
1. Talk abut explring Antarctica.
(1) Read alud the title f the lessn. Read abut explrers and facts abut Antarctica.
(2) Discuss the phts:
a. What are the temperatures like?
b. Hw wuld yu dress t deal with the weather?
c. Hw wuld yu get fd?
d. Are there civilisatins clse by?
(3) Using this backgrund knwledge, create a class discussin n the difficulties and preparatins needed t race t the Ple.
2. Read the find ut.
(1) Remind students that skimming and reading are different ways t understand written infrmatin. Nw we will read the text. When we read, we lk at all the wrds and try t understand the writer’s cmplete meaning.
(2) Give students a few mments t skim the explrers’ accunts and determine what they will read abut.
(3) Have students read thrugh the explrers’ accunts again, nw they need t underline the general sentence and tpic sentence fr each paragraph.
(4) Explain t students that the texts in italics are the exact wrds that the explrer wrte in his diary.
(5) Ask students t underline in different clrs when the tw jurneys began and a general sentence f what happened t the tw teams.
3. Read again and cmplete.
(1) Intrduce the table. This table cntrasts the tw different jurneys. Let’s read the passage nce mre and add details t the table. Supprt students as they cmplete the task.
(2) Encurage students t rephrase details and ideas frm the passage int their wn wrds when discussing their ideas.
(3) Students can use their general sentences t find the infrmatin t cmplete the table.
4. Summarise and give reasns.
a. Hw did Sctt’s team feel at the beginning f the jurney?
b. Hw did they feel at the end?
c. Why d yu think this changed?
(2) Students read each diary accunt and nte Sctt’s feelings at each pint.
(3) Students summarise the change f feelings n Sctt’s team’s return jurney.
(4) Students share their answers with the class.
5. Make inferences.
(1) Students vlunteer t each read an underlined sentence frm Sctt’s diary and letter.
(2) Read alud the Skill Builder and discuss “making inferences”.
(3) Ask students t wrk ut the implied meaning f the underlined sentences accrding t the tips given in the Skill Builder.
(4) Discuss the answers as a class.
6. Grup Wrk: Think and share.
(1) Divide students int small grups. Each grup discusses the tw questins.
(2) Each student explains t their grup why he r she thught Sct’s team lst the race. Each student can explain in their pinin n hw Sctt culd have been better prepared.
(3) Each student explains t their grup whether they think that Sctt and his team were heres r lsers and supprt their answer. Students can use the dictinary meaning f “her” and “lser” t help with their answer.
(4) Grups discuss the meaning f the qute “Captain Sctt left a recrd, fr hnesty, sincerity, fr bravery, fr everything that makes a man”.
a. What did Amundsen mean by this?
b. D yu agree with him? Explain.
c. What example did Sctt give fr each character trait listed?
7. Cmplete the Wrd Builder.
(1) Discuss with students that a suffix is a letter r a grup f letters that is added t the end f wrd t change its meaning.
(2) Read each suffix example and what it means:
-tin means a state r quality, e.g., cmpletin;
-less means withut, e.g., fearless;
-ful means full f, e.g., helpful;
-ness means a state r quality and makes a nun, e.g., kindness;
-ly frms adverbs frm adjectives, e.g., kindly.
(3) Encurage students t build new wrds by cmbining the rt wrd in the left clumn with the suffix in the right clumn.
(4) Instruct students that they will use the wrds that they created t cmplete the sentences.
(5) Divide students int grups based n their reading level. Allw high level readers t read independently and cmplete the exercise alne. Encurage middle level readers t read the sentences quietly and wrk tgether t find the answers. Supprt lw level readers by reading each sentence alud and explaining unknwn terms and tricky sentence structures.
(6) Discuss the answers as a class.
8. Pair Wrk: Read and discuss.
(1) In pairs, students take turns t read alud the sentences frm Sctt’s diary and letter.
(2) Students discuss what Sctt was trying t say in each diary entry and letter.
(3) Each student underlines the parts in each accunt that made the mst impressin n them. Students explain t their partner why that part impressed them.
9. Pair Wrk: Discuss.
(1) In pairs, students discuss each questin. Students can use the dictinary meaning f “race” t answer the first questin.
(2) Each student shares their answers with the class.
10. Search nline and share.
(1) In small grups, students research the main events in China’s Antarctica explratin.
(2) Students discuss why they think peple try t explre the tughest part f nature.
(3) Students share their answers with the class.
英语必修 第二册Lesson 1 Avatars教案及反思： 这是一份英语必修 第二册Lesson 1 Avatars教案及反思，共5页。
高中英语北师大版 (2019)必修 第二册Lesson 3 Race to the Pole教案： 这是一份高中英语北师大版 (2019)必修 第二册Lesson 3 Race to the Pole教案，共4页。教案主要包含了教学目标，教学重难点，教学过程等内容，欢迎下载使用。
高中英语北师大版 (2019)必修 第二册Lesson 1 A Sea Story教案： 这是一份高中英语北师大版 (2019)必修 第二册Lesson 1 A Sea Story教案，共4页。教案主要包含了教学目标，教学重难点，教学过程等内容，欢迎下载使用。